Low Vision Awareness Program
Duration: One day - two programs per year
Next LAP program : September 20th 2013
Venue: L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India.
- An overview of low vision
- Clinical low vision assessment
- Low vision: Functional implications of eye disease
- Pediatric low vision
- Low vision devices: Optical & non-optical Theory & practical demonstration
- Clinical set-ups
- Rehabilitation services (counselling, orientation and mobility, community-based rehabilitation, daily living skills, support services, etc.
- Resource mobilization and utilization
Eligibility: Ophthalmologists, optometrists, rehabilitation professionals - preferably institution based
- Registration is limited to the first 100 participants.
- Candidates should make their own travel and lodging arrangements.
- Candidates should pay a registration fee of INR 1000 (including 10.3% Service Tax) by demand draft, payable to Hyderabad Eye Institute along with the application.
Vijaya K Gothwal, MAppSc (QUT) & Team
Head, Centre for Sight Enhancement
Beula Christy, MRSc & Team
Head, Rehabilitation Professional