Eye Bank Ophthalmologists Observership
Number of trainees
- Eye Bank Managers: One per quarter
- General Medical Practitioners: One per month
- Ophthalmologists: One in one month
- Eye Bank Managers: Intermediate or degree in any subject, sponsored by an eye bank
- General Medical Practitioners: MBBS or MD or MS in any specialty, associated with an eye hospital or an eye bank
- Ophthalmologists: MD or MS in Ophthalmology and should be associated with an eye hospital or eye bank.
- Eye Bank Managers: One week
- General Medical Practitioners: One month
- Ophthalmologists: One week
- Eye Bank Managers: Second week of the month
- General Medical Practitioners: Third week of every month
- Ophthalmologists: Either third or fourth week of the month
Medium of instruction
The medium of instruction is English. Teaching and examinations would be conducted in English and, hence, students have to be proficient in reading and writing in English.
Eye bank managers, ophthalmologists or general medical practitioners undergoing the eye bank observership program, and candidates undergoing the eye donation counsellor training program will be given a certificate on submission of a technical report in the prescribed format at the end of their training period.
The participants attending the continuing education programs or refresher courses will be awarded certificates of participation.
For further details contact
L V Prasad Eye Institute,
L V Prasad Marg, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad - 500 034
Telephone: +91-40-3061 2445 / 46
Fax: +91-40-2354 8271