Long Term Fellowship Programs
The Sub Specialty fellowship programs are aimed to train the budding Ophthalmologist in a sub specialty of their choice. The program is a unique combination of Clinical rotation, Research and Surgical training.
At the end of the training program the trainee will be capable of
- Managing all the predominant ailments in the subspecialty independently
- Will become expert in Various Cataract Surgery techniques (Anterior Segment Fellows)
- Should be able to publish research papers independently
- Manage a secondary level center Independently
During the course of the fellowship, there is ample opportunity for fellows to handle general ophthalmic cases independently and consult with the faculty of various subspecialties in related ophthalmic diseases. This enables them to draw upon the expertise of various specialists. They also have an opportunity to perform surgeries independently, and follow up on surgical cases.
Classes are held on all weekdays at the Institute. Fellows are given an Opportunity to present case studies in the clinical grand rounds, articles in the journal clubs and attend topical seminars. Each fellow is assigned an academic advisor. Fellows are also required to initiate and complete a minimum of one prospective and one retrospective study during the program.
The Long Term Fellowships are being offered in following sub-specialties. Click on the sub-specialty of your choice for more details
- Cornea & Anterior Segment
- Retina & Vitreous
- Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Orbit and Ocular Oncology
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Medical Retina and Uveitis